Illinois Numismatic Association (ILNA)
Promoting Numismatics in Illinois Since 1959
Use the Links below to Navigate the page
- ILNA Member Clubs
- ILNA Member Dealers
- National & State Organizations
- Speciality Organizations
- Other Numismatic Websites
- World Wide Mints
- OnLine Coin Show Video Recordings
- Coin Periodical Web Sites
- Numismatic Blogs
- Numismatic Forums
- Coin Related Data Bases
- Coin Designer Websites
ILNA Member Clubs on the Web
ILNA Member Dealers on the Web
- AAA Historical Americana - World Exonumia tokens, medals, etc.
- Antique Currency LLC - US currency Ray Marrello
- Chicago Coin Company, Inc - Dealer in US Coins
- Kedzie Koins - Gold, Silver U.S. Coins and Currency, Jewelry
- Jonathan K. Kern Company - Gold, Silver, & Bronze Coins; Greek, Roman, & US
- Tim Kyzivat Currency - Currency Dealer
- Libnick's Coins & Currency - Coin & Currency Dealer
- Scotsman Coin - US and Canadian Coins
- Quad City Coins - Coins & Currency; Bettendorf IA
National, State Organizations
- ANA - The American Numismatic Association a nonprofit, educational organization chartered by Congress - is dedicated to the collection and study of coins, paper money, tokens and medals, and was created for the benefit of its members and the numismatic community.
- ANS - American Numismatic Society - The object and mission of the Society shall be the creation and maintenance of the preeminent national institution advancing the study and public appreciation of coins, currency, medals, orders and decorations, and related objects of all cultures as historical and artistic documents and artifacts; by maintaining the foremost numismatic collection, museum, and library; by supporting scholarly research and publications; and by sponsoring educational and interpretive programs for diverse audiences.
- Ancient Coin Club of Chicago - Meeting monthly to discuss ancient coins and related issues.
- BRNA - The Blue Ridge Numismatic Association is a Regional Coin Club that has a goal of looking forward and working toward the future in numismatic.
- Cedar Rapids Coin Club - Located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A local non-profit club meeting monthly (except July) to discuss topics of numismatic interest.
- Chicago Coin Club - The Chicago Coin Club was founded in 1919. The objective of the club is to persue numismatic knowledge through the study and research of coins. currency, medals, tokens, and other related items.
- Encased Collectors International - International organization for collectors of encased coins.
- Evansville Coin Club - The Evansville Coin Club serves the Evansville, IN area, meeting monthly featuring an educational speaker and a fun coin auction.
- FUN (Florida United Numismatists) - FUN is a State of Florida chartered, non-profit organization dedicated to the education and enrichment of numismatics in Florida and beyond.
- KNA (Kansas Numismatic Association) The Kansas Numismatic Association was founded in 1983 by a dedicated and enthusiastic group of numismatists, whose desire was to educate the general public about the hobby of numismatics. The Kansas Numismatic Association is a not-for-profit organization. The Kansas Numismatic Association has three annual meetings on a specific Sunday's in February, June, and August of each year, usually coinciding with local coin shows in the Wichita, KS area.
- ILNA - Illinois Numismatic Association - ILNA's was founded in 1959 and it's principal goals are to promote the hobby among the young and to serve the membership.
- ISNA - The Indiana State Numismatic Association (ISNA) is a statewide organization established in 1958 and now encompassing a statewide membership of over 500. ISNA's goal is to promote and advance the knowledge of numismatics along the educational, historical and scientific lines in all its various branches; to acquire and disseminate trustworthy information pertaining to such topics and to promote greater interest in the field of numismatics.
- INA - Iowa Numismatic Association is a non-profit, educational organization founded in 1938.
- JCNS - Johnson County Numismatic Society is a non-profit club devoted to the hobby of coin collecting. Club meetings are held in Lenexa, Kansas, just southwest of the Kansas City, Kansas area.
- MNS -The Missouri Numismatic Society is an educational society. The primary focus of each meeting is a program presented by one the members covering a topic of interest to the club.
- MSNS - Michigan State Numismatic Society - Founded in 1956 to promote numismatics in Michigan.
- Milwaukee Numismatic Society - The Milwaukee Numismatic Society (MNS) is a non-profit, educational organization which was founded on October 29th 1934.
- OSNA - Ohio State Numismatic Association
- Omaha Coin Club - Nebraska's oldest Numismatic organization. Founded 1934. Meeting information and photos.
- RCNA - Royal Canadian Numismatic Association, the national numismatic organization of Canada. The R.C.N.A. is a non-profit educational organization formed in 1950 for the study of Canadian coins.
- RRVCC - Red River Valley Coin Club is dedicated to keeping our members informed of club activities and other numismatic opportunities in Eastern North Dakota, Western Minnesota, and Northeastern South Dakota.
- RACC - Rockford Area Coin Club: A non-profit local club for collectors of coins, tokens, medals, and paper money. Meetings and fellowship monthly.
- South Shore Coin Club - The South Shore Coin Club (SSCC) is a non-profit, educational organization which was founded in 1963. The SSCC is one of the largest numismatic organizations in Milwaukee area devoted to the study of money.
- TSNS - Tennessee State Numismatic Society - The objectives of this organization are to promote, extend and protect numismatic activity throughout the state, and to foster and encourage the study of numismatics in all its forms and branches; to assist in bringing about better cooperation between all persons interested in numismatics in the state.
- Wichita Coin Club - An Organization dedicated to instill the enjoyment and Benefits of the Hobby of Numismatics
- Will County Coin Club - Will County Illinois club meeting in Joliet, Illinois.
- American Isreal Numismatic Association - The American Israel Numismatic Association is a cultural and educational organization dedicated to the study and collection of Israel's coinage, past and present, and all aspects of Judaic numismatics.
- Civil War Token Society - Founded in 1967, the Civil War Token Society is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to help stimulate interest and research in the field of Civil War token collecting.
- Antique Bank Notes - Good collection of images of old bank notes.
- Conder Token Collector's Club - for collectors of 18th century British Tradesmen's Tokens , or "Conder Tokens"
- Early American Coppers - (EAC) is a not-for-profit numismatic specialty organization founded in 1967 to serve as a point of contact for collectors of early U.S. copper coins - Colonials, Half Cents, Large Cents, and Hard Time Tokens.
- International Association of Professional Numismatists - The IAPN is a non-profit organization of the leading international numismatic firms founded 1951. The objects of the Association are the development of a healthy and prosperous numismatic trade conducted according to the highest standards of business ethics and commercial practice.
- John Reich Collectors Society - The purpose of the John Reich Collectors Society (JRCS) is to encourage the study of numismatics, particularly United States gold and silver coins minted before the introduction of the Seated Liberty design, and to provide technical and educational information concerning such coins.
- The National Silver Dollar Roundtable - The NSDR is dedicated to promoting United States silver dollars. The objective of the organization is to advance the knowledge of numismatics, especially for U.S. silver dollars, along educational, historical and scientific lines.
- The Numismatic Bibliomania Society - The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) is a non-profit educational organization founded in 1980 to support and promote the use and collecting of numismatic literature.
- Professional Numismatists Guild - PNG is a non-profit organization of the country's top rare coin and paper money experts, dedicated to today's collector and investor.
- Society of Paper Money Collectors - A society of collectors of paper money.
- Society of Silver Dollar Collectors - An association of collectors whose primary focus is to encourage research and enjoyment in U.S. silver dollar varieties.
- Token and Medals Society (TAMS) - is an educational and non-profit organization devoted to furthering the exonumia field consisting of all forms of tokens, medals, badges and other items of a related nature.
- U S Mexican Numismatic Association - Founded during the May 1997 International Numismatic Convention held in Mexico City, it was decided to form a numismatic association in the United States, devoted to Mexican Numismatics.
- World Bi-Metallic Collectors Club - The Worldwide Bi-Metallic Collectors Club was started in September of 1996 for those collectors interested in Bi-Metallics to pool their information and communicate with like minded collectors.
- Woman in Numismatics (WIN) - A service organization in the hobby, but do not let the name fool you. They have over a hundred members, both male and female.
- Coin Terms - online listing of coin terms and their definitions
- Encased Coins - website for the collector of encased coins.
- Lovett Tokens & Medals - website devoted to the works of Robert Lovett Sr. and his sons Robert Jr., George H., and John D.. The purpose of this website is threefold – to share information on the numismatic works of this family, to provide a forum for others to do the same, and hopefully lead to the publication of a book/catalog on their works.
- Museum of American Finance - While not strictly about numismatic topics the finance of America greatly influences money and how it is used.
- CoinTelevision.com - Online videos of coin shows, numismatic educational programs filmed at major coin shows as well as interviews with numismatic leaders.
- Canadian Coin News - Canadian Coin News is Canada's premier source of information about coins, notes and medals.
- Indian Coin News - India Coin News covers all the latest news and events about Republic of India coins by Rony Ghose, an Indian numismatist.
- CDN Publishing - Coin Dealer Newsletter - Publisher Of The Greysheet, Bluesheet, Goldsheet, Quarterly, Greensheet and Monthly.
- Mint Error News - Minterrornews.Com, bringing the latest mint error news and information to the collector.
- Journal of the Research Association on Monetary Innovation and Complementary and Community Currencies (RAMICS)
- Token Publishing - Britain's best selling coin magazine and MEDAL NEWS - the world's only magazine devoted to medals, battles and the history of heroes.
- Coins and Canada - Informative and collaborative website on Canadian numismatics created to help all types of collectors share knowledge of this hobby.
- The Canadian Numismatic Publishing Institute
- CoinsWeekly - Weekly articles, podcasts and current numismatic information.
- Coin News - Coin News for Collectors
- Coin Update - Daily Coin Collecting News
- Coin World - Coin World ONline
- CoinWeek - CoinWeek news, articles on US and World collecting.
- NumisMaster - Numismatic Home for Coin Collecting, Values, Pricing & News
- Numismatic News - Numisnmatic News ONline
- The E-Sylum - Electronic newsletter of the Numismatic Bibliomania Society.
This category contains a variety of online databases. This list was compiled by the Numismatic Bibliomania Society and Published in the E-Sylum.
American Numismatic Society Databases
- MANTIS: The ANS Collection Database: - MANTIS serves as the online home for the ANS's permanent collection. Hundreds of thousands of records, related images, and other contextual data are constantly updated while new records are added regularly.
- OCRE: Online Coins of the Roman Empire: - (OCRE), a joint project of the American Numismatic Society and the Institute for the Study of the Ancient World at New York University, is a revolutionary new tool designed to help in the identification, cataloging, and research of the rich and varied coinage of the Roman Empire.
- CHRR: Coin Hoards of the Roman Republic: - Coin hoards of the Roman Republic Online is a database of Roman Republican coin hoards mainly from the period 155 BC to AD 2. This database began life as a personal research database constructed by Kris Lockyear using a combination of published data and Michael Crawford's personal archive now housed the in the British Museum.
- CRRO: Coinage of the Roman Republic Online: - Coinage of the Roman Republic Online aims to provide in effect an online version of Michael Crawford's 1974 publication Roman Republican Coinage (RRC), which is still the primary typology used for the identification of Roman Republican coin types.
- PELLA: Coinage of the Macedonian Kings of the Argead Dynasty: - PELLA is a research tool designed to present the catalog of the individual coin types of the Argead kings from Alexander I (ruled 498–454 BC), the first of the Macedonian kings to strike coins, down to Philip III Arrhidaeus (ruled 323–317 BC), the last of the titular kings to do so. Included as well as are the numerous posthumous civic and successor coinages struck in the names of the kings.
- ENL: Dar al-Kutub, Collection of the Egyptian National Library: - The Egyptian National Library's catalog of 6,500 numismatic pieces – coins, glass weights, dies, medals, etc. - is the third major catalog of Islamic numismatic material held at the ENL, formerly the Khedivial Library, Egypt's most important library. This project is a result of the cooperation of the Egyptian National Library and Archives and the American Numismatic Society with funding from USAID through the American Research Center in Egypt.
- Art of Devastation: A Web-based Catalogue of First World War Medallic Art: - The Art of Devastation is a research tool designed to help in the identification, cataloguing, and contextualization of the abundant and varied types of non-monetary numismatic items issued during and immediately after the First World War (1914-1918). These items include art medals, commemorative medals, and tokens, but do not include military decorations.
Paper Money Databases
These list were compiled by the Numismatic Bibliomania Society and Published in the E-Sylum.